Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wat Arun

Hello Everyone!!!!
There are 3 main temple type tourist sites in Bangkok, Wat Pho, the Grand Palace, and Wat Arun. Two days ago we finally made it to Wat Arun. Wat Arun, the Temple of the Dawn, is located across the river from Wat Pho. It looks very different from the other temples we have seen, it is filled with hundreds of little stone statues, and each one looks different. The walls are covered with intricate paintings and tile mosaics. The main structure has steps that you are allowed to climb. You are only allowed to go about half way up but from that height you get an amazing view of the city. I could see our hotel from there. Te steps were UNBELIEVEABLY steep. I was thankful for the handrails they had installed; I don’t know how anyone could have made the climb without them. I was particularly proud of myself for making the climb since as most of you know I’m afraid of heights. I have pictures to prove I made it though. I’ve attached a few of them. They hardly do it justice though…. I’ll talk to you all soon!!!!
Yours in Dance,
Sabrina


































No comments:

Post a Comment