Sunday, May 3, 2009

My day......

Hello Everyone!!!!
So, today I decided to take a day and stay close the hotel. I'm spending today doing some things that I need to catch up on and that are good for me, like extra stretching, and combing out hair pieces and the like. This being the case I thought I would walk you all through a typical day for me here. I've settled into a bit of a routine and that's helping me lot. So here goes.....
I start my day at 6:20am ....really...I know it's hard to believe but bear with me and I'll explain. 6:20am here means it's 7:20pm back home which means, it's a good time to get a call in to home. As you all know I'm really close to my family so I call pretty much every morning, I wouldn't want to miss something while I'm away and by calling through the computer with my webcam I get to see them everyday as well.....my nephews are getting so big while I'm gone. After my call home, I go back to sleep for a few hours.....I'm soooooo not a morning person and 6:20 is an obsene hour to be up at in any time zone :) . The next time my alarm goes off is 10:00am...this is a much more reasonable hour to get up and stay up at. 10:00am gives me 30 minutes to turn myself into a rockstar before breakfast. This rockstar transformation means doing something with my hair, usually putting on some eyeliner, and getting "dressed" for breakfast. Normally as you all know I wouldn't bother with all that but....see here's the thing about breakfast. The breakfast buffet (which is phenominal by the way) is located in the same restaurant that I perform at in the evenings. Thia means the bosses are always around. This also means that we are likely to run into people who have been to out show. Actually, I can't think of a morning when I didn't see someone who had been to our show. They almost always speak and I've even been asked to take pictures with people at breakfast. I feel it is important to look professional and to well "be the bellydancer" when in situations where you are around the people you work and perform for. By 10:30 I'm off to breakfast (I have to hurry because it ends at 11:00). As I said before the breakfast bar is incredible. They serve everythingfrom omlettes, and waffles to sushi and dishes from India. Today I opted for corn flakes (lame I know but they were good), yogurt with honey that was dripping right off the comb, fruit salad (complete with dragon fruit), guava juice and green tea.
Normally if we are going site seeing or shopping we go right after breakfast. It's much cooler then, by cooler I mean usually mid to upper 80's. It gets continually hotter as the day goes on. After siteseeing or shopping or whatever adventure we have for the day, it’s back to the hotel. Usually we try to bet back here by about 4:00, that’s lunch time. If we decided not to stray too far from the hotel, usually I hit the pool sometime after breakfast. If I have time before lunch I either take a nap ( not so much any more but the first few weeks this was essential), or do my daily conditioning and stretching. I’ve found this to be absolutley necessary for me to do to keep my body going. On days I miss it I can tell a big difference. My conditioning routine consists of either a version of the warm-up I have the line do at Vi’s or I follow along with Cassandra’s Conditioning Class DVD (love it!!).
4:00 is lunch time, I either go to the restaurant I work in or sometimes I order room service. The food is delicious either way. Today it was down to the restaurant for gourmet pizza. After lunch, I squeeze in some stretching (espicially if I didn’t get to earlier) and sit down to email and blog. I check my email off and on throughout the day but I use this time to get most of it done. By 6:30 I have to start preparing for work. I’ve found that that gives me exacly enough time to do my hair, make-up and get dressed. We have shows at 7:30, 8:15, 9:15, 10:00, 11:00, and 11:45. Our shows are 15 minutes long. Between each show we go back up to out rooms to change. It’s a bit of a walk but it’s nice to have as much space, and privacy as you need. It also gives me a chance to fix the hair and make-up if necessary. Usually when I check the weather after we are done the temperature outside is 99 degrees Fahrenheit……it’s also often very humid.
After we are done for the night we order dinner through room service. We take turns with which room we eat in. While waiting for room service I attempt to get as much of me put back together as possible. All the extra hair and the make-up have to come off. Once we’re done eating it’s off to the shower with me and then off to bed. I’m usually in bed by about 1:30 - 2 ish.
So that’s about it for me…..I have to get ready for work soon. I hope to hear from you all soon!!!!
Yours in Dance,
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment